Friday, May 9, 2008

Sexy Knitters Club new knitalong is starting soon

Labyrinth sweater designed by Wendy Bernard
Aleita Shell designed by Bonnie Marie Burns
Notorious designed by Annie Modesitt
The voting for the next knitalog at the Sexy Knitters Club was supposed to end last night at midnight (timezone not specified). Although the results haven't been announced yet, it looks like the winners are Labyrinth by Wendy Bernard; Aleita Shell, by Bonnie Marie Burns, in Interweave Knits Spring 2008; and Notorious, by Annie Modesitt, in her book Romantic Hand Knits; far ahead of the others at 26 votes each. (I voted for Sodera Socks by Vilma).

I haven't decided yet if I'll join in on this knitalong. I don't like either the Aleita Shell or Labyrinth enough to invest the time to knit them, and while Notorious is gorgeous, it, like Labyrinth, is too low-cut for my build. I also don't like the way the rows of eyelets on the front curve out like this: (), I think they should either be like || or like )(.

I am leaning towards doing Notorious, but modifying the lower body so it doesn't have those eyelets, maybe just doing some kind of rib, and making the neckline a tad higher. It will probably depend on if any suitable yarn catches my eye when I go to the Purple Purl tomorrow to exchange the extra balls of Sea Song left over from my Gracefully Gathered Halter Top (the purple and blue top shown in that link isn't mine, it's by someone called shadkitty).

No comments:

Post a Comment