Sunday, November 8, 2009

New project: burgundy tuque

I recently got a new winter coat at Mountain Equipment Co-op. I've had one of their coats before, so I know it will last a decade and keep me warm. Unfortunately, the cheap vegan model only came in two colours, a drab maroon or a drabber greige. (The website also lists black but I didn't see that in-store and wouldn't have bought it anyway.) I chose the maroon, which does have a pretty lining in a brighter burgundy, and am going to make a burgundy tuque to match. I got a ball of James C. Brett Marble, an acrylic dk weight yarn, at Mary Maxim. I've knit up a swatch on 4.5 mm needles, and so far it's nice to work with, and I'm enjoying the subtle variation in colour. I've got 19 st and 28nbsp;rows per 4", which is slightly off from the 20 st and 28 st rows the pattern calls for, so I'll do another swatch with 4mm needles and see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment